Construction under way at Nakheel’s $194 million Dragon City
Master developer Nakheel today signed a construction contract for Dragon Towers, its new, twin-building residential complex with a total development value of $194 million, to be built at Dubai’s rapidly-expanding Dragon City mixed-use community.
Under the $150 million contract, handed to UAE-based Ali Mousa & Sons Contracting, mobilisation will begin immediately, with anticipated completion in 2021.
- Nakheel awards $121.69mn contract for 12-lane 'super bridge'
- Nakheel reports a Q1 2018 net profit of $410mn
- Nakheel awards contract for $162mn Nad Al Sheba Mall
Nakheel also confirmed that Dragon Towers’ apartments will go on sale next week, and is among a range of other Nakheel projects being showcased at the upcoming Cityscape Global.
Directly-connected to the world-famous Dragon Mart retail and trading complex, the 37-storey, two tower project comprises one- and two-bedroom apartments; ground and first floor retail; four parking levels and a sixth-floor podium-level clubhouse with a swimming pool, restaurant and gym.
Dragon Towers is a key component of Nakheel’s ongoing retail, hospitality and residential expansion at Dragon City, which is already home to Dragon Mart 1 and its sister mall, Dragon Mart 2, plus an ibis Styles hotel. A new showroom and car park complex and a second hotel are in advanced stages of construction, with further expansions in the pipeline.
- Recycled nappies – the next big material in home building?Built Environment
- KPM Engineering doubles revenue on back of Saudi projectsConstruction Projects
- The Beck Group Partners with ALICE TechnologiesBuilt Environment
- Kier Group restructures its Infrastructure Services divisionConstruction Projects