Dubai’s construction pipeline totals $374.2bn
The city of Dubai has US$374.2bn worth of projects ongoing and in its pipeline, placing it as the city with the most construction projects in the world
This is according to GlobalData, which released its 50 Construction Mega Cities report.
The data an analytics firm ranks London in second position, with $328.7bn worth of projects, and Moscow in third place, with $191.5bn.
“The ranking of Construction Mega Cities in the Gulf states shows they are spending the most on major development projects relative to the size of their populations. Dubai, for example, has a population of 3.2m, but it holds the top position in terms of the value of the construction mega-projects pipeline per capita,” remarked Yasmine Ghozzi, GlobalData Economist.
- November issue of Construction Global is live!
- Infomart Data Centers delivers agile, customer-focused digital solutions
- The City of Helsinki’s sustainability journey to become a smart city and a functional capital
- Global Switch celebrates 20 years of providing highly secure, sustainable data centre solutions
“In addition, the number of people living in Doha has increased to 1.1m as the Gulf state recruits tens of thousands of workers to work on major infrastructure projects linked to the 2022 FIFA World Cup; their project pipeline valued at US$105.6bn.”
The 50 mega cities have a total of 6,645 either currently under construction or planned to be developed.
The 6,645 projects have a total combined value of $4.2trn, the report finds.
- Abengoa completes building three 200MW solar fields in DubaiConstruction Projects
- Top three largest projects currently under constructionEPC
- Dubai Sustainable City claims first net zero carbon buildingConstruction Projects
- Pandemic hits South and South-East Asian construction sectorBuilt Environment