More than AED430mn in contracts awarded for Dubai Deira Island development
Four contracts, worth more than AED430 million, have been awarded for Dubai’s luxury Deira Islands waterfront city.
Nakheel, the major developer overseeing the 15.3 square kilometre waterfront city in Dubai, has awarded the new contracts to cover islands A and B of the four-island development.
The contracts will see the construction of a sewage treatment plant, a district cooling plant, a substation and piling work for an 800-room resort.
To date, Nakheel has invested close to AED7.5 billion in infrastructure and construction projects for the Deira Islands development.
When broken down, the contracts equate to:
- AED228.3 million to VWS Emirates LLC/ Butec S.A.L (Dubai Branch) under a joint venture for the design, construction and 10 years’ operation and maintenance of a sewage treatment plant;
- Nearly AED100 million to Emirates District Cooling (Emicool) LLC to build a district cooling plant for Nakheel’s Deira Islands Night Souk and nearby Nakheel buildings, with 10 years’ operation and maintenance;
- AED90.5 million for a 132/11kV substation to AG Power LLC, covering the South Island (Island A). Three other substations are already construction. Deira Islands will have eight substations in total;
- AED14.5 million to Delta Foundations (Dubai branch) for piling works for the 800-room RIU beach front resort, Nakheel’s joint venture hospitality project with Spain’s RIU Hotels and Resorts. A construction tender for the resort was issued in May, and is due to be awarded by the end of this year
“With a diverse range of retail projects, resorts, hotels and residential developments, Deira Islands will transform Dubai’s Deira district into a world-class hub for tourism, retail and entertainment,” said Nakheel in a statement.
Cityland Group secures $142.74mn loan for Cityland Mall project
Hill International awarded $7.6 million Dubai Harbour Creek project
“The waterfront city will add 40km, including 21km of beach, to Dubai’s coastline and pave the way for the development of hundreds of hotels, residences and attractions. Deira Islands is expected to have a population of 250,000 and to create 80,000 jobs.”
- URB introduces concept for 93km-long urban highway in DubaiConstruction Projects
- Select Group awards US$816.7m in construction contractsConstruction Projects
- World’s first-ever Real Madrid themed park to open in DubaiConstruction Projects
- World’s tallest residential hypertower to be built in DubaiConstruction Projects