Nakheel and Centara award $80mn contract for Dubai hospitality venture
Nakheel and Centara have awarded a key $80mn contract as part of their joint venture to build a major resort in Dubai's Deira Islands.
Parkway International Contracting LLC will deliver the 601-room hotel and waterpark complex by the end of 2020 as part of the government's push to develop a broader range of four-star accommodation.
The build represents a first UAE project for Centara, a Thailand-based hotels company which entered the Middle East market with the opening of Centara Muscat Hotel in 2017.
- UK's Crossrail project edges closer to completion, budget increased to £15.4bn
- Foxconn awards 35+ contracts for $10bn 'megafactory'
- July's issue of Construction Global magazine - click here to read
Nakheel’s partnership with Centara is the developer’s second international joint venture at Deira Islands. Construction of the first, an 800-room, beachfront resort with Spain’s RIU Hotels & Resorts, is under underway, with anticipated completion also in 2020.
"Nakheel continues to play a pivotal role in shaping and diversifying Dubai’s tourism offering with a retail expansion that supports the government’s vision," said Chairman Ali Rashid Lootah.
"Our joint venture with Centara underlines our commitment to working with trusted international brands to bring new hospitality concepts to Dubai, and today’s crucial milestone brings this exciting new resort ever closer. I look forward to delivering one of Dubai’s most sought-after destinations for travellers from all over the world."
Suparat Chirathivat, Executive Vice President, Corporate Development, Central Group, added: "Centara is thrilled with the speed at which its joint venture with Nakheel is progressing and looks forward to opening Centara Deira Islands Beach Resort Dubai in 2020. With Nakheel’s development expertise and Centara’s record of delivering and inspiring extraordinary guest experiences, we will create a unique resort that surprises and delights guests for years to come."
- Aecom awarded design contract for $500bn NEOM projectConstruction Projects
- China-led consortium wins high-speed rail project in EgyptConstruction Projects
- COVID-19 set to reshape UAE constructionBuilt Environment
- Louvre Abu Dhabi and Styro set to supply materials for cinema construction project in Saudi ArabiaBuilt Environment