Wilson Engineering signs $150mn EPC contract with Sabic
Wison Engineering has signed an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract, worth around $150mn, with Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) for a Utilities Park and Pilot Plants project in Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
The Utilities Park and Pilot Plants project is part of the ongoing Sabic Technology Centre expansion plan, which represents one of the company's biggest innovation investments globally.
Once the expansion is completed, the fully integrated technology centre “will be the biggest of Sabic’s 21 global technology and innovation centres”, according to the firm.
- Dongfang and Shanghai Electric win Egyptian EPC
- Fluor to proceed with EPC of Anglo American's Peruvian copper mine
- Stantec is set to acquire Wood & Grieve Engineers
“Wison Engineering deeply appreciates the trust and support SABIC has given to us throughout the years,” said Zou Yu, resident of Wison Engineering (Middle East).
“We are also glad to get SABIC project again. Based on our rich successful experience of SABIC seven projects that Wison has delivered, we will continue working hard to achieve the successful delivery of the project with excellent management and project execution.”
Since 2012, Wilson Engineering has delivered seven EPC projects to Sabic.
Zheng Shifeng, the senior vice-president of Wison Engineering, added: "The signing of the contract demonstrates the recognition of international clients for our capability to implement EPC projects in the petrochemical sector and enhances Wison Engineering's reputation among the suppliers of project owners, laying a foundation for us to fight for larger scale projects in the future."
He added: "We will continue provide premier services to clients, strengthen the bond of trust with them and proactively respond to the Saudi Government's vision 2030 in order to create more values for local clients and drive social and economic development.”
- 5 ways innovative technology can boost construction spendTechnology & AI
- 'Better with Bellway' sustainability strategy launchedBuilt Environment
- Construction of utility scale solar farms to accelerateConstruction Projects
- China's longest reconstructed bridge to open early AprilConstruction Projects