Who is Argent’s new Head of Construction?
By Olivia Minnock
May 16, 2020
It has been announced that Mark Shirburne-Davies will take on the role of Head of Construction at London-based property developer, Argent, overseeing al...
It has been announced that Mark Shirburne-Davies will take on the role of Head of Construction at London-based property developer, Argent, overseeing all the projects of Argent and those of Argent Related, which is Argent’s joint venture
Here are five quick facts about Shirburne-Davis and his new position:
- He boasts experience across the construction and property development industries, with his most recent role having been as COO of PegasusLife, which works to develop bespoke new housing options in the UK.
- His other previous roles include Executive Vice President at Abu Dhabi Airports and he has also worked at Laing O’Rourke and Development & Design Director of Laing O’Rourke.
- £2.4bn joint venture announced between Lendlease and LCR for East London development
- Mace to build £180mn tower adjacent to London’s Olympic Park
- Read the latest issue of Construction Global magazine
- The new role will oversee a large volume of projects, since Argent currently has around 10,000 homes and over 3mn sq ft of commercial space in the pipeline.
- David Partridge, Chief Executive and Managing Partner, has expressed his support for Shirburne-Davis in his new role, saying: “Mark’s considerable skill and experience will be vital in executing this programme effectively and efficiently, in what is inevitably going to be a challenging environment.”
- Argent has been working on mixed-use developments since 1981 and its previous projects have included various London train stations and the regeneration of Manchester’s Piccadilly area.