Autodesk Build launches schedule management tool
Autodesk Build has introduced a new schedule management tool, further connecting office and field teams and data across the construction lifecycle.
Office and field teams can instantly share digital schedules, collaborate on updates as they happen and link documents, sheets, photos, issues, assets, RFIs and submittals to their communications for reference. Teams can also filter and search their schedules and view them in calendar or chart formats to see activity status in real time.
Additionally, Schedule integrates with the Cost tool in Autodesk Build to simplify budgeting and planning for schedule-related expenses including general conditions such as material handling and clean-up. The Schedule and Cost integration delivers project-level data analyses, enabling teams to accurately forecast cash flow.
"Distributing schedules across the team and ensuring everyone is on the same page is often time-consuming," said Bryan Nuckolls, project manager, Boldt. "Traditional and siloed schedule management requires updating spreadsheets, publishing them as PDFs and emailing them around to the team. By automating schedule communication in Autodesk Build, we save valuable project time and keep our team updated on the latest, while remaining in the same solution that houses our other critical project information."
Additional recent updates to Autodesk Build include:
- Sheet sharing across accounts Customers can now connect data across their entire project teams. Linking sheets across different accounts gives teams the ability to share the latest sheets with other external team members including owners and other contractors who need access but may not be part of the main project account.
- Pype AutoSpecs integration Pype AutoSpecs automatically generates submittal logs to deliver efficiency, automation and accuracy to the submittal process. Its integration with Autodesk Build enables teams to transfer draft submittals and entire logs directly and seamlessly into their project management base for simplified submittal management.
- Microsoft Teams in Meetings Customers can now set up Teams meetings directly in Autodesk Build, without having to switch between other applications.
- Data extraction & analysis Support for sheets, transmittals and design review data extractions using Data Connector, plus new Power BI templates, lets teams analyze and optimize document management workflows for improved design review processes.
- As-Builts Teams can easily filter, find and export all relevant as-built information such as Sheets, RFIs and Submittals, and carry over links to other related documents like files or photos from within Autodesk Build.
Project teams can now also integrate construction data from over 200 partners on Autodesk Construction Cloud to streamline construction management in one centralized location.
"Financial accounting in 'real time' is critical to providing project teams with accurate cost information," said Dennis Stejskal, director, construction and real estate, Sage. "We are excited to come together with hh2 and Autodesk to deliver an industry-leading integration between accounting and operations. Our partnership can help construction teams increase collaboration and data visibility between field-facing teams and accounting so project managers can make timely informed cost decisions."
Infor, the industry cloud company, recently announced that Foundation Building Materials (FBM) has selected Infor CloudSuite Distribution as its technology platform.
With more than 300 locations across the US and Canada, FBM has an expansive North American reach with a mission to serve the changing needs of the professional construction trades. By design, FBM's extensive product offerings, which include drywall, steel framing, acoustic ceilings, fasteners, tools and construction supplies, vary by state and region to serve local customer project needs and requirements.
Wasi Ahmed, CIO at Foundation Building Materials, said Infor's cloud-based solution can help evolve its processes and systems to address the ever-changing needs of its customers. "We expect that the solution will help us provide first-class service and innovation to our customers and help them complete their projects on time and on budget," he said.