CEMEX Ventures names Construction Startup Finalists
The ten finalists for the CEMEX Ventures Construction Startup Competition 2020 have been announced. The competition, now in its fourth year, has gone digital due to Covid-19 restrictions but the shortlisted candidates will now head to Pitchday on 2 December to battle for one of the medal positions and a chance to present their projects in person at Builtworlds in 2021.
The contest seeks to identify and foster transformative startups in the construction industry, and this year’s finalists were selected from an impressive field of 700 entries.
The 10 finalists are:
- Beawre Digital – AI-driven SaaS platform that reduces budget overruns and delays in projects in real-time, enabling continuous operational risk control on processes
- CarbiCrete – Cleantech company whose breakthrough patented technology enables the production of cement-free, carbon-negative concrete made with industrial by-products and captured carbon dioxide
- Construyo – Europe’s first marketplace and SaaS solution for the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) industry
- Converge – Productivity and sustainability optimisation for the entire construction lifecycle by combining the power of AI, BIM and physical sensor data
- Handle – A software and financing platform to help construction contractors and suppliers ensure payment for work and have better access to capital
- HIBOO – SaaS application that processes construction equipment data and makes it easily accessible to empower field operations
- Modulous – Generative design software and standardised kit of parts to design and deliver healthy, sustainable and affordable homes through a distributed network of local assembly partners
- Okibo – Autonomous indoor robot for application of construction materials, part of the finishing process, combining a unique 3D perception technology, an automatic path planning and a fully autonomous robotic workflow
- Voyage Control – SaaS platform to help construction firms manage their logistics and supply chain more efficiently as well as support their compliance needs
- WaveScan Technologies – Disruptive beamforming electromagnetics based on smart scanner systems and advanced AI algorithms, enabling high-resolution 3D imaging for non-destructive applications
Digital Pitchday will see representatives from those startups pitch their solutions to a jury composed of leading executives from CEMEX Ventures, Ferrovial, Hilti, VINCI Group’s Leonard and NOVA by Saint-Gobain.
The digital audience for this session will be made up of experts from the construction and investment industry under the framework of the Builtworlds Venture Conference event.
From those 10 finalists, gold medalists will be selected to participate in the Speed Dating round next year when it is hoped this can be done face to face.
CEMEX Ventures aims to build a better and meaningful future in the construction industry, by engaging with key players of the construction ecosystem such as startups, entrepreneurs, universities and other stakeholders.
Now more than ever, the Construction Startup Competition seems relevant and essential, given the need for the construction industry to accelerate its digital transformation.
- SEVEN to invest US$13bn in KSA entertainment destinationsConstruction Projects
- Foster+Partners to design new Riyadh mega-airport masterplanConstruction Projects
- Polygon acquires 100% of All Consulting Services in ItalyConstruction Projects
- SWPC says three bids shortlisted for Rabigh 4 IWPConstruction Projects