Australian-Singaporean defence investment to be overseen by Laing O'Rourke
By Andrew Woods
May 16, 2020
Laing O’Rourke is to develop an international defence project in the central Queensland region of Australia valued in the order of $800M. Laing O’R...
Laing O’Rourke is to develop an international defence project in the central Queensland region of Australia valued in the order of $800M.
Laing O’Rourke has been appointed to the Australia-Singapore Military Training Initiative (ASMTI) Facilities Project that will see new facilities and upgraded infrastructure at the Shoalwater Bay Training Area (SWBTA), 80km north of Rockhampton.
The SWBTA is one of Australia's key training areas for the conduct of domestic and international defence training.
- Nakheel awards $121.69mn contract for 12-lane 'super bridge'
- Nakheel reports a Q1 2018 net profit of $410mn
- Nakheel awards contract for $162mn Nad Al Sheba Mall
The initiative will see $2.25bn invested in Central and North Queensland, with a strong focus on local industry participation, for lasting and tangible benefits to regional jobs, skills and the economy.
- Recycled nappies – the next big material in home building?Built Environment
- KPM Engineering doubles revenue on back of Saudi projectsConstruction Projects
- The Beck Group Partners with ALICE TechnologiesBuilt Environment
- Kier Group restructures its Infrastructure Services divisionConstruction Projects