Australian-Singaporean defence investment to be overseen by Laing O'Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is to develop an international defence project in the central Queensland region of Australia valued in the order of $800M.
Laing O’Rourke has been appointed to the Australia-Singapore Military Training Initiative (ASMTI) Facilities Project that will see new facilities and upgraded infrastructure at the Shoalwater Bay Training Area (SWBTA), 80km north of Rockhampton.
The SWBTA is one of Australia's key training areas for the conduct of domestic and international defence training.
- Nakheel awards $121.69mn contract for 12-lane 'super bridge'
- Nakheel reports a Q1 2018 net profit of $410mn
- Nakheel awards contract for $162mn Nad Al Sheba Mall
The initiative will see $2.25bn invested in Central and North Queensland, with a strong focus on local industry participation, for lasting and tangible benefits to regional jobs, skills and the economy.
- 5 ways innovative technology can boost construction spendTechnology & AI
- 'Better with Bellway' sustainability strategy launchedBuilt Environment
- Construction of utility scale solar farms to accelerateConstruction Projects
- China's longest reconstructed bridge to open early AprilConstruction Projects