Former Skanska and Balfour Beatty exec Nicholas Pollard joins Interserve board
Construction and facilities management giant Interserve has announced the arrival of Nicholas Pollard to its board as an independent non-executive director.
Interserve noted Pollard’s extensive experience in Middle East and Asia Pacific markets in its announcement, suggesting the company could tap into this expertise as it seeks to develop and grow.
Glyn Barker, Interserve’s Chairman, said of Pollard’s appointment: “I am delighted to welcome Nicholas to Interserve. He brings a wealth of relevant experience which will be of great value to the Interserve Board.”
- KPMG appoints 20-year veteran Jonathan White as head of UK construction practice
- Hill International appoints new Senior Vice President Imad Ghantous
- 5 Middle-Eastern builds constructed by Interserve
Pollard is currently Group CEO at Cory Riverside Energy, a firm which generates renewable baseload electricity from London’s residual waste.
Previous experience has seen him serve as a senior private-sector leader at Railtrack plc, Network Rail, Skanska, Bovis Lend Lease, Navigant and Balfour Beatty.
Pollard is a member of the CBI Infrastructure Board, advisor to the Water Industry Commission for Scotland and a Board member of the Environmental Services Association.
The announcement from Interserve stated that he will begin his role as non-executive director with immediate effect.
FTSE-listed and headquartered in the UK, Interserve last year turned over $4.89bn and currently employs a workforce of around 75,000 personnel across the world. Its major offerings include advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and frontline public services.
- UAE-based Farnek awarded US$96.9m in construction contractsFacilities Management
- Top 10 inspirational women in UK constructionBuilt Environment
- McLaren Construction Group moves HQ to Canary WarfConstruction Projects
- CEPSA to build three new renewable projects in Central SpainFacilities Management