Digital Realty recognised as a data centre leader by IDC Marketscape
Digital Realty, a leading global provider of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions, has been named a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Colocation and Interconnection Services 2019-2020 Vendor Assessment.
According to the report, Digital Realty solutions are best-suited for companies that need "space and power, as well as required foundations to enable enterprise digital-ready foundation including networking, an interconnection platform, and analytical and data management tools to facilitate the establishment of a seamless global platform."
The IDC MarketScape report evaluated several major colocation and interconnection providers around the world and identified leading providers from North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. According to the report, the colocation and interconnection sector has experienced steady growth over the past year, driven by several key factors, including:
- Hyperscale demand for third-party facilities
- The consolidation and downsizing of enterprise data centres continue to push traffic to colocation providers
- The colocation market is in transition, representing a significant market opportunity for colocation and interconnection services
- Ancillary services such as access to virtualised workloads, security services, and on-demand server capabilities will become increasingly important to colocation providers
"Digital Realty has done an impressive job of transforming itself to a differentiated company that is well positioned to support the growing demands of its customers across hyperscale, cloud and interconnection," said Courtney Munroe, Group Vice President of Worldwide Telecommunications Research at IDC.
"The company has outlined a global scalable solution designed to enable digital transformation in a consistent modular basis."
In November 2019, Digital Realty unveiled PlatformDIGITAL™, a first of its kind global data center platform designed to enable customers to scale digital business. The company also announced its Pervasive Datacenter Architecture (PDx) approach, a step-by-step strategy to help the implementation of a new IT architecture required for digital businesses to scale.
Together, PlatformDIGITAL and PDx address the shifting IT paradigm by providing customers with access to new centers of data exchange within 210 data centers across 36 metro areas in 15 countries.
In addition to PlatformDIGITAL and the company's pervasive North American presence, the IDC report highlighted Digital Realty's intuitive road map for both hyperscale entities and geographically distributed global enterprises, along with the company's expansion into the retail colocation sector as well as the Asia Pacific and Latin American regions.
"As digital transformation continues to shape the future of our industry, we're uniquely enabling our customers to deploy their IT infrastructure at the centers of data exchange around the world, bringing users, things, applications, clouds and networks to the data," said Digital Realty Chief Executive Officer A. William Stein.
"We are honoured to be recognized as a Leader by the IDC MarketScape, and we look forward to continuing to support our customers' digital ambitions in 2020 and beyond."
Learn more about Digital Realty and the latest IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Colocation and Interconnection Services 2019-2020 Vendor Assessment here.
- 5 ways innovative technology can boost construction spendTechnology & AI
- 'Better with Bellway' sustainability strategy launchedBuilt Environment
- Construction of utility scale solar farms to accelerateConstruction Projects
- China's longest reconstructed bridge to open early AprilConstruction Projects