6 Interesting facts about the PopUp House
1. PopUp House is a Marseille-based architectural company, producing high-performance buildings using insulation blocks separated by wooden boards.
2. The basic shell of a PopUp house can be ready in as little as two weeks
3. The houses can be made out of a variety of different materials (as long as it has the necessary properties for outside use). The firm offers many options for the exterior from wood, composite wood, metal, cement, clay and stone. There are also a variety of options for the wood siding on the outside of the house. It can be Douglas fir, red cedar, acacia, chestnut, pine and many other wood types and EPS (expanded polystyrene) blocks are used for insulation.
4. The roof is also customisable, with the option of being able to turn your roof into a ‘green roof’ or adding solar panels.
5. The price of framing materials is between €300 (£253.96) and €360 (£304.74) per square meter of floor area. The company also provides a detailed study of the project (which costs an extra €1500 (£1269.75)) to legalise and validate the structural aspects of your project.
6. PopUp House can be put together using just a screwdriver