Auditing app for the construction industry
SafetyCulture, a mobile-first technology company, today announced the full availability of its popular iAuditor mobile platform for the construction industry. iAuditor – the world’s most widely used auditing app – mobilises construction teams to participate in real-time data collection and reporting and allows them to directly manage job site safety and quality.
Since its introduction to the US market, there has been rapid adoption from managers and subcontractors across the construction sector, including enterprise adoption by one of the oldest, largest mechanical contractors in the US
SafetyCulture's CEO, Luke Anear, said: “Safety is paramount throughout the construction industry, and new technologies are helping to rapidly advance day-to-day operations and site safety, and ensure that quality inspections are a top priority for all workers. Our goal is simple—to give construction teams the tools they need to make sure their colleagues return home safely to their families at the end of the day.”
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, one in five work-related deaths occurs in the construction industry. With iAuditor, workers can recognise, report and immediately correct hazards to improve job site safety. Further, allowing construction companies and contractors to digitize their traditional, paper-based processes with the iAuditor platform significantly reduces the time, effort, cost and complexity of the thousands of safety and quality inspections required each week on a job site. Customers who have already adopted iAuditor report increased efficiencies when completing safety inspections; reducing time from three to four hours down to just a few minutes.
Key construction-specific capabilities include:
● Real-time Hazard Recognition: All workers – from onsite to back office – can conduct advanced inspection and safety initiatives and share information across teams in real-time
● Image Annotation: Quickly capture photos and highlight, draw or circle specific areas or points-of-interest making communication between team members and subcontractors easier
● Minimal Reporting: After checklists are complete, workers can immediately export a completed PDF, XLS or other versions of their findings to supervisors and teams from their mobile device out in the field. The app can also be integrated with other popular systems, including Salesforce and SharePoint
● GPS Integration: Instantly add a location to a checklist or photo – ideal for large job sites
● Crowd-Sourced Construction Expertise: Tap into a user-generated library of more than 57,000 checklists and benefit from global best practices
- Open ECX is transforming construction with digital solutionsTechnology & AI
- 5 ways innovative technology can boost construction spendTechnology & AI
- 'Better with Bellway' sustainability strategy launchedBuilt Environment
- Construction of utility scale solar farms to accelerateConstruction Projects