What is CECE’s European Construction Industry Manifesto for Digitalisation?
The Committee for European Construction Equipment (CECE) has joined forces with construction industry associations to produce a blueprint for the future of the industry.
CECE has published The European Construction Industry Manifesto for Digitalisation, which calls for strong political leadership from the EU, an appropriate regulatory framework on data policy and budgetary focus on digital skills, R&D and IT infrastructure.
It says the effective and meaningful regulation is vital to ensure Europe’s construction industry remains competitive and successful digitises.
- Understanding the digital opportunities in construction
- Accenture: Digital technologies could unlock £89bn for UK construction industry
- Read the latest edition of Construction Global magazine
CECE Secretary General Riccardo Viaggi said: “Digitalisation of the construction equipment sector has been a key priority for CECE.
“We recognise the importance of working in a value chain approach and, as the Manifesto reads, all industry representatives pledge to collaborate intensively, to lead and support the industry in order to enable a successful digital transformation of the construction industry.”
The report also calls on the EU to transform itself digitally, as construction accounts for 8.9% of the bloc’s GDP and supports more than 14mn jobs.
It says that digitisation can help counter the numerous challenges the sector is facing such as lack of skilled workforce, energy efficiency, lagging productivity, and sustainability.
Indeed, a recent report by Accenture said that digital technologies could boost UK construction alone by £89bn.
CECE represents the interests of 1,200 construction equipment manufacturers (with combined revenues of €40bn) through national trade associations in 13 European countries: Germany, the UK, France, Italy, Spain, Czech Republic, Sweden, Finland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Russia and Turkey.
- Emerson to build state-of-the-art manufacturing hub at SPARKTechnology & AI
- InEight innovations focus on earned value management metricsTechnology & AI
- Adapting to new construction site-safety guidance with techConstruction Projects
- Modular and self-build homes to thrive post COVID-19Built Environment